Speaking at SMX Social Media Marketing, December 6, 2011
Join me in December in Scottsdale Arizona for SMX Social Media Marketing!
I’ll be there discussing practical tips for marketing in a social local mobile (SoLoMo) world. Including the pitch below if you want more details. Be sure to register soon, as there are worse places to be in December than a resort in Arizona and you get to learn bleeding edge social media strategies and tactics from some of the brightest minds in the business!
More details here:
Keeping up with digital marketing can be challenging: there are so many different channels to tap into, such as Social, Local, and Mobile. But smart marketers are mastering these emerging channels and leveraging them for competitive advantage. Are you? Like many marketers, you’re probably interested to know more, but aren’t quite sure where to begin. Or you might be wondering: How can I best leverage these new digital channels to drive results? Or how do I know if Mobile is right for me? Or how can I get Social and Local to work together?
During this session Bryson Meunier, Director of Content Solutions at Resolution Media, will provide marketers with an overview of each of the three channels and how these channels are earning consumers share of voice and engagement with marketers’ brands. Additionally, his presentation will go a step farther, diving into the actionable techniques marketers need to take, such as:
- Prioritize social network activity based on mobile reach: For example, Facebook and MySpace, are more than just social networks, but are prominent platforms for the mobile channel. MySpace has over 25 million mobile users and Facebook has over 7 million (grown 150% since Jan 2010).
- Understand consumer behavior on all platforms – How to develop appropriate content for overlapping channels:†Messaging to mobile users in social environments
- App introductions
- Mobile coupons
- QR codes
- Social messaging to mobile users:†Like us on Facebook,†Place Pages QR Codes (going away)
- Check-ins – How to use check-in analytics platforms like Kenshoo to understand the impact of search and other channels on driving online users to check in.
- Mobile Deals
- Accurate Budgeting – Organizations often have a budget for social and a budget for mobile, but not a budget for SoLoMo. Understanding the overlap and setting aside a separate experimental budget for SoLoMo can give marketers more leverage than just carving budget from either social or mobile.
Meunier will also include optimization best practices and highlights from client campaigns that demonstrate the convergence of Social, Local and Mobile. Overall attendees will walk away with a solid understanding of how these channels overlap, how to develop an integrated plan, and what actionable techniques are needed to effectively and efficiently manage these digital assets.